Friday, October 1, 2010

My God...

Ayodhya, terror attacks, quran burning... three religions, three incidents... all of them made me think, what does God wants us, mere mortals, to do? Do they, Ram, Allah, and Jesus, want us to fight amongst ourselves to prove which God is supreme? which faith is the best? which religion is better and which is not? If they are God(s) shouldnt they be above such petty issues? Do all these religious scriptures tell us that we are right and the others are wrong? Do they tell us to kill, massacre and demolish? Well, my God is certainly not like that. I refuse to believe that my God would want me to fight with each other demolishing the other faith's scriptures, temples, mosques, and churches.

My God is kind, benevolent and forgiving. My God doesnt live in any temple, mosque or church but in my heart, my soul and my being. My God is not he, she or it, my God is one and all... all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful. My God loves me, guides me, inspires me, and blesses me. My God helps me in times of hardships and urges me to help others in their time of difficulty. My God gives me happiness. My God is with me all the time, see and knows what I do... I can't hide from my God and my God doesnt hide from me... Always around me like a warm blanket, protecting me. My God doesnt tell me what to do and what not to do... My God doesnt impose rules, doesnt want me to give up something I like and do that thing which I dont like... My God gives me freedom to decide for myself. My God grants me free will... But, when I make mistakes, my God lifts me up and gives me the power to start over again.My God wants me to be the best that I can be... My God trusts me and has faith in my abilities... My God doesnt give me somehitng that I cant handle... Sometimes like a guardian angel, sometimes like a loving mother, sometimes like a strict father, sometimes like a caring friend, My God watches over me and protects me from harm...

My God doesnt tell me to harm others... My God doesnt tell me that people who doent believe, who have a diffrent faith are my enemies... My God doesnt tell me to hate... My God doesnt care if I think of him in a temple or in my home, I pray to him in a mosque or in my office, I thank him in a church or in my car... My God doesnt care if I call him as Ram or Allah, Jesus or Lakshmi... My God just wants me to remember Him and His love for me... My God wishes the best for me...


My God is universal... My God is omnipresent... My God is a miracle... My God is divine... My God doesnt have a face... I can't see him, touch him, but I can feel him and hear him...

My God would never ask me to destroy... My God is my strength and not my weakness... my God wipes my tears and gives me may reasons to smile...

 My God is my faith.

After reading and hearing so much about an issue that has been going on for centuries, I refuse to believe that God would get upset if the place where he is supposed to be born has a mosque... be it a temple or a mosque, it is still a supposed place of worship only... sar to wahan pe bhi jhukte hi hai... and this controversy is in that country which claims to be secular! i thought secularism was supposed to be one of our many strengths, yeah right! Just like hindi, out mother tongue, was supposed to be a unifying language, come to South India and you will see how unifying is hindi after all...well this is for some other day, some other post.

the verdict is out, will it make much of a difference? Time will only tell...

I am sure after seeing what their so-called believer are doing on earth, all your variations of God would be wondering where did they go wrong? Maybe it would have been better for all, if we had not evolved only... basic nature, basic needs.

2 comments:

  1. thats true.....your god and our god wants peace in ourselves and not severe fightings on such topics like wat should be built here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts! i am sure they only mirror the line of thinking of many of our generation!

    ReplyDelete

Like it... Share it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...