Sunday, May 1, 2011

Two Songs... about Love that I Love!



Hmm... this keeps getting tougher! TWO SONGS -

2. Suno Na from Chalte Chalte... This song has a very nice story behind it. When I had just started seeing my husband back in 2008, we were talking on the phone once late at night. it was almost 2 in the morning and I was very sleepy. he suddenly said that he sings very well. i thought that he is fibbing so i asked him to sing a song for me. he sang a rajasthani folk song... horribly. i smiled to myself thinking that i was right and i have had this guy figured out. so, i said good night to him and hung up. as i was just about to go to sleep he called up and sang this song (Suno na suno na sun lo na, humsafar mujhi ko chun lo na) complete with a guitar... brilliantly i might add. I actually thought that he has played the song on a stereo but it was him all along. at the end, he said, 'I mean every word.' and i couldn't stop smiling... i still can't when i hear this one :)

1. Tere Bina from Guru... I don't understand the lyrics much but somehow I love it... more than any other song. the only line i do understand is... 'tere bina sona peetal' and i just think this one line sums up the essence of love beautifully, right?

My two most loved songs... and they are both about love ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it... Share it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...